Friday, October 29, 2010

October....One Year Later....2010




















Another year later to make a new entry....I had good intentions...tonight is Friday night, two nights before Halloween, and here I sit at home with walking pneumonia. Never had it before, started on an antibiotic, hopefully I will be back at work Monday. I am told I am contagious for a few days, have to let the antibiotic kick in. Being shut in all week, it was almost a treat to GO to the doctor. The leaves on the trees were gorgeous! Golds, reds mixed in with some lingering green...a delight to my sick little body. Death can be beautiful. The leaves prove it. And, if we know Jesus, the other side of death will NOT be matched to any best day we have here on earth. I realize death can cause much pain too, so I am not forgetting the frailty of the human condition. But you have to admit....FALL is unmatched. (at least to me!)



I will not get to see Emery, Josiah, Christian and Luelle this weekend and THAT hurts worse than my body hurting. I am contagious though and do not want my buddies getting this from me. I do know there is one cute astronaut, one fireman, one ladybug and one little monkey that will be taking Sunday night trick or treating to a new level. I love them loving this holiday!



As a Christian I am sensitive to the fact some Christians struggle with Halloween, and I respect their right to view it as they do. My heart doesn't make room for the dark side of the holiday, not DEEP down where it matters. My soul has been the Lord's for it seems like forever! I love celebrating fall, kids, pumpkins, fires, decorating. Hey....maybe I said that last year..but it remains the same. I love the taste of those little orange Brach candy pumpkins. Many of you know I have been losing some excess weight with Medi Fast (almost 40lbs, now!) However, I have indulged I admit. So maybe another 1/4lb will hang on for another week. Such sacrifices I make!

I wanted to talk about another topic tonight but this came forth...maybe next time.
Love you all.
Anita

Emery and Luelle at top.
Christian and Josiah at bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! We'll have a Halloween re-do just for Grandma Davis! :)

    Feel better...we love you!!

    ps...I love Fall too! My favorite!!!!
    I also love exclamation points!!!

    ReplyDelete